Dear Turkish Virtual Pilots;
As you've known, Turkish Virtual Management sets assignments regularly every month.
The reason why these assignments are set can be summarised by the following;
- Contributing to the increase of the vitality of flight in our virtual airspace. As followers will have known, every month between 1-5 is usually live airspace. Although most of our friends hardly fly, they at least have shown some effort in completing the assignments and, by doing so, create liveliness to the setting hence being beneficial to all of us.
- We are trying to add realism to our hobby as suited by our motto ''As real as it gets''. Eventually, don't all airways appoint pilots outside their choices? For that reason, we are trying to decrease this by only assigning two tasks per month.
- We aim to create a sense of ownership for you, our dear friends.
For these reasons, if we were also to explain our task setting system;
As is known to all, after the transition to the new system, assignments couldn't have been written for a long time due to technical deficiencies, and nearly everyone's mutual demand was for this practice to carry on. - Turkish Virtual members must respect the use of the operations board area on the server; this is a minimal talk area as it is used for flying and communicating with Air Traffic Control on vatsim. - For this reason, through Erhan M. ARTUC's efforts, the system will first manually turn completely active. However, this will to us, or in this case to management will bring a significant workload. The tasks were written individually, one by one via hand and also, after every flight task you've carried out, you can search and find who flew one by one again by hand and bring this flight to the ''completed'' state. After extended code writing, we finally achieved automated assignment write-ups. At this moment, we have a compatible, utterly automatic system that allows us to obtain flights that everyone has carried out. Those that haven't written their last five flights and the same flights with their own randomly chosen airplane types are given a random assignment. - All data transmitted is logged. Abuse of this service will result in termination of use of this service and Turkish Virtual Airlines. - We have software created with a lot of special effort which is shown not to allow the use of another type of plane apart from the written one, has a unique scoring system at the end of the flight, takes into account pilot's status, and sets assignments only to active pilots and not writing to inactive ones. When you consider the points above, being part of GB (Governing Body), you can see that we have increased the value within virtual airspace and VATSIM. When there are any slight demands of the flight assignments, our director, Erhan M. ARTUC, is known to provide support and answer any queries within two days.
However, as seen through the observations of the database, some pilots are not carrying out their flight assignments.
At present, there has been found roughly 3000 flights have been set but not carried out. Some of these flights belong to those that have been active in the past but are inactive at this moment, whereas some are of those pilots that have been active and, although constantly flying, for some reason, belong to those that aren't flying.
As we all know, when first applying through our website, the Application Form states a rule saying ''You will fly your monthly assignment flights'', which is one of our most important rules.
In reality, as much as an airline can't set a task to a pilot, we have also taken some precautions to add realism, and despite the busy intensity of our daily lives; putting this much effort without getting anything in return, we have taken part in a new application to increase our social environment.
The new system implementation will be as follows:
- Flight assignments will be available to the public that have been set before the last six months
- This means you, as one of our pilots; if you have completed all of your flight assignments and you don't have any active flights, just like the ''request an assignment'' application, when you click on a page on our website, all the flight assignments that haven't been accomplished according to specific criteria's will be visible to you. While doing this listing, according to the departing area, plane type, and whether domestic/foreign criteria will be filtered, lowering the thousands of flight lists and finding out which flights were carried out by which pilots.
- As a result of this listing, if there are any flights you are in favour of carrying out, you may be able to request and take the flight yourself by clicking on it.
- When you take this flight assignment upon yourself, it will be deleted from the other pilot's list. Therefore you will be undertaking this assignment on his behalf.
- You cannot request other flight assignments before flying with the one you have just asked for.
- At the end of this effort, you will earn seniority points which we have not forgotten to give. The +2 seniority points you obtain will be lost from the actual owner of that particular flight assignment. For every leg, the seniority points value will be 2 points. -Considering those that do not find this practice ethical and think, ''I wouldn't want to take my friend's points,'' we have decided to make this practice optional. This means, when you are going over the flights that haven't been carried out on the list, there will be a box saying ''yes, I want extra points'', or, ''no, I do not want extra points, I'm only flying to help'', and you will get to tick the box according to whether you want to take their points or not.
- Through this, you can agree with your friends and support each other. When +2 seniority points are requested, they can be considered a minor punishment to that pilot who is not flying or with comfortable feelings; they can be viewed as a sanction. We have thought of other practices; for example, till that assignment is finished; no other flight can be carried out. However, we did not want to be so restrictive and chose this practice instead. As most of you know, we have lately produced additional software to increase the variety within our website; so that all people are addressed. For example, with freedom transport applications, ''free jumpseat'', ''business ticket'', ''company transfer'' and ''shuttle bus'' are the four different software we have. This range will also be reflected in the flight assignments. These include; ''GB's written assignments'', ''the assignments you've randomly written'' and ''the rewarding assignments you can choose from the list''.
- Our advice for those pilots that have a habit of not flying will be to get your grips together and start flying as soon as possible. This new application will result in some of our pilots losing points and, therefore, some losing their rank positions, you have been warned. The system automatically adjusts the rank according to the seniority points. This is important to our friends that are also within the borders of the ranking system ))